10.08.2012

Girls Camp Crafts - FishTail Bracelets

IMG_3826Photobucket
I was trying to think of one more bracelet we could do and started fiddling around with embroidery floss and braids.  Regular 3 strand braided bracelets were cool, but not different.  And I knew a lot of girls would like to learn how to fishtail braid, so there it was.

These took a LONG time though.  After about an hour of watching the girls I realized it would go a lot faster if you used 2-3 strands at a time.  So I began making them with 12-14 strands instead of 6-8, and I used 3 strands of the same color to cross over instead of 1 shown in the tutorial.  The result was a very cool, chunky, and much quicker version.  BUT because there were so many strands the knots were very chunky and hard to wear as a bracelet.  So we made much faster thick and chunky FishTail Key chains, too.  I didn't get any pictures though, sorry.  Too busy craftin'.

Figuring how to organize the thread was tricky.  I ended up cutting all the 1 yard strands myself and wrapping them around a clothespin so the girls could just unravel one strand at a time.  This worked pretty well, but I realized quickly that there is no real organized way to do anything with 100 girls and embroidery floss.  So it just ended up as a free for all with the floss all over the place.  Which is okay if they're okay.  I guess.

It was hard for me to walk away on that one.

Here's the tutorial:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

GirlsCampFishtail


Click HERE for another tutorial on Fishtail Bracelets I found, from Oh So Pretty.

6 comments:

*katie said...

Super cute! Thanks for the tutorial :)

ShEiLa said...

Very cool! I likey alot!!

ToOdLeS.

Jose said...

i just made one, i love it

Unknown said...

Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

More than 160000 women and men are hacking their diet with a easy and SECRET "water hack" to lose 2lbs every night as they sleep.

It's scientific and it works with everybody.

This is how to do it yourself:

1) Hold a glass and fill it up half glass

2) Now learn this strange HACK

so you'll be 2lbs thinner as soon as tomorrow!

GOSTOPSITE33 said...

I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article.
온라인섯다

TOTOSAFEDB33 said...

Excellent blog you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find premium quality writing like yours these days.
안전놀이터
I seriously appreciate people just like you! Be cautious!!